9 Keys to Achieve and Maintain Optimal Health and Enhanced Well-being
LifeStart Retreats is built upon nine scientifically-validated principles that help maintain the body, mind, and spirit in good health. These principles form the foundation of a healthy, abundant life and can be summed up in the acronym LifeStart:
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Trust in Divine Power
The LifeStart principles, in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, are an effective means of reducing stress as well as preventing and reversing many of today’s chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, obesity, arthritis, and even cancer. However, adopting better habits can be a challenge while surrounded by unhealthy triggers that might exist in your home environment. That’s where we can help!
As a guest at one of our LifeStart Retreats locations you will learn practical ways to maintain the LifeStart concepts at home and feel confident applying the principles to your everyday life. Relax amid beautiful, quiet surroundings, enjoy delicious plant-based meals, and participate in a variety of local excursions. Included are informative lectures and hands-on cooking classes, personal wellness coaching, access to a wealth of reading material, and follow-up support after you return home.
LifeStart Retreats can be enjoyed for any length of time that fits with your schedule and are essentially the same at each location, but each reflects the personality of its hosts and region.
No matter which location you choose, you’ll come away with a restored sense of well-being, revitalized energy, and a renewed spirit. Our staff will get you back on track to optimum health in a happy, caring environment where your needs are number one.
Planning Your Active Getaway
Come as you are. LifeStart Retreats are casual and fun. Come dressed to work and play in the kitchen, to go outside in all seasons, and to enjoy physical activity. Wear your most comfortable clothes and bring shoes you can walk in.
What to Bring
- Basic toiletries
- Personal care items such as hair dryers
- Weather-appropriate casual clothing
- Comfortable clothes for exercise
- Walking shoes or sneakers
- An adventurous spirit
What Not to Bring
- Scented products such as perfumes or colognes. Many guests arrive at the retreat suffering from allergies.
- Products for sale from a home-based business
- Food. We’ll provide everything you need during your stay.
- Herbal supplements. We’ll provide those, too.
The Cost of a LifeStart Retreat Stay
- You’ll spend less than the price of an average getaway or vacation.
- All LifeStart Retreats bookings include food, lodging, and recreation.
- Availability of massage and hydrotherapy treatments, supplements, books, and videos for purchase may vary by location.
- Children. Each LifeStart Retreats location has somewhat different policies regarding the ages of children who can accompany adult guests, especially when the group attending the center is a family. Usually the qualifying point is whether a youngster is interested in the program and can participate in kitchen activities with minimal supervision. None of the locations offer specific children’s activities outside the scope of the location’s program.
- If you plan to sight-see or enjoy the region’s tourist activities, add time before or after your LifeStart Retreats visit.
- Each retreat involves intensive daily learning sessions, physical activity and local excursions, so most evenings you’ll be ready for relaxation and rest at the retreat location.
Vacation with Us
*Some LifeStart Retreats locations may not be medically supervised facilities or provide health services such as monitoring vital signs, diagnosing conditions, offering medical advice, prescribing or administering medication. In such cases, bring the medicines your health professionals have prescribed.
Also, some Locations may be multi-level Facilities that require the ability to climb and descend stairs.
If you have specific questions about these or other considerations, please contact the Location you are interested in visiting for detailed information.
Typical Daily Schedule*
7:00 a.m. Inspirational Thought
7:30 Physical Activity
9:00 Health Lecture
11:30 Cooking Lab
1:00 p.m. Lunch
2:00 Health Lecture
3:00 Local Excursion
7:00 Coaching Session
*May vary by location.